Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer



To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.
~Emily Dickinson

I really miss those days when summer felt like a lifetime and there were no clouds in site. And when "bathing suit season" didn't worry me so much. But as I'm sitting at this desk, i hear the thunder echoing through the trees, the occasional flash of light, and the rain pouring of the roof. This is getting to be a pretty common site in Newport, and i don't like it. I mean, i love thunderstorms, but not this frequently. I miss the beach, like a long lost friend. Just the feeling of sand between your toes and the sun beating down on you. And that new feeling of having your license and traveling the roads with no destination. It's depressing to know that the summers are going by so quickly and after this one, one carefree summer left. Then it's adult responsibilities on my shoulders. So, go out and make some memories. :)

Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. -Patrick Stewart

2 comments:

  1. When I recall summer, I think of camping and the energizing feel of being the first one up at your campsite, siting in your fold out chair from the night before by the fire and being bundled up in odd scarps of clothing.

    I think of those lazy days where you literally say you will sleep all day in the sun, and to accomplish this task you actually do.

    I also think of strawberry picking, and how all the good ones are either gone, or high up but it doesn't matter because even the rotten ones taste sweet in the summer fog.

    I lastly think of friendship, and how the people who are molded with you during the school year are wielded tighter during the summer, how that bond just wont break, through all sorts of communications. How anxious we are to see those acquainted with us, and how we stress over ridiculous fashion of which no one will remember by the end of the year.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa,
    wow, thats seriously the best comment i have ever recieved in my life.
    pure genius i tell you.
    write me a book please? :) ily.

    ReplyDelete